Perhaps you’ve seen this Liebster Award going around. Well, guess what? I got nominated—not once, but twice—by the lovely J.A. Belfield and Soo over at Silk Screen Views. So I thought I’d combine the two into one post. Here’s how this works:
* Each nominee must answer the 11 questions. * Create 11 questions for the next nominees to answer. * Link back to who nominated them. * Choose 11 people and link them in your post. * Go to their page and tell them. * No tag backs!
Okay so first up, my questions from Soo:
What was your first response when you got my email about the Liebster Blog Award?
Um. What the hell is this?
Name a weird event that has happened due to running a blog. If the answer is no, tell a joke. It must be FUNNY!
I can’t even pull off a written joke, I’m THAT bad. Okay so, weird event? Uh, I’ll go both website and blog and I’d have to say the DAILY weird events are the search terms people have used to get to my site. Some of my faves:
- Angels and demons having sex
- Eating out in Keri Lake <<I’ll assume they were looking for the Greek resort here
- Blindfolded ankles tied with rope <<curious to know which page they landed on.
Has anything unexpected happened to you by writing a post? If the answer is no, create a haiku about your blog.
Hmmm. *thinks REALLY hard to keep from having to write a damn haiku* Oh yeah, here’s one: I was writing teaser posts for my Cover Model Contest, you know, cropping sexy bods and saving the likely candidates into folders. Later, I ended up having an issue with a work-related account and had to call IT, who accessed my laptop remotely. He pulled up my recent files and there were all the half-naked men with no heads. Kinda felt like a perv.
Light saber or magic wand? Defend your answer! =)
Sabers are all about ass kickery. Wands are for marching band color-guard wannabe wizards.
What is a flaw you would never give up?
I’m incredibly picky about my own writing. Maybe even a little obsessive I guess.
If you could rid the world of stupid people, would you? Why or why not?
Probably not. It’d be hard to appreciate the smart ones if all the stupid ones disappeared. Reminders, right?
What three things do you absolutely must have to survive the Zombie Apocalypse?
A recipe for artificial brains, cans of Lysol spray and probably Nerf guns, because c’mon, decaying flesh can’t be all that impenetrable.
Is there a book you regret reading? What was it?
My sister’s diary when we were teenagers.
What do you do when your creative juices dry up and you can’t write anything but ellipses?
Um … well … I guess I … jeez … I dunno … take a break? … Uh … read someone elses’s stuff for a while? … Can’t really … think, ya know?
What is your definition of a white lie?
Why did you decide to accept the LBA & participate in the blog meme?
My muse ditched me for a cheap fling with fast fingers and quicker keystrokes. I had nothing better to do.
Onto the next round of questions from J:
What is your favourite genre to read?
Definitely paranormal romance and urban fantasy.
You’ve just won a competition and the prize is any pair of shoes in the world of your choice. Describe them.
My dream shoes? Stilettos that feel like I’m wearing Nikes. Holy hell, I’d wear those suckers while cleaning house, even.
Which fictional character would you most like to meet and why?
I keep thinking this is going to change over time, but it hasn’t. Rydstrom Woede because there’s something about this demon that gets my fan girl flags waving. Some serious thigh-clenching going on too.
The zombie apocalypse is upon us. Undead beings are beating at your door, slobbering over your freshly-cleaned patio windows, and you’re barricaded into your living room. Sticking to truth, what’s the most useful item you have to help you swing your way out of this somewhat precarious situation?
Am I the only one who wonders what the big deal is about zombies? We’re talking the walking dead here, right? Decaying flesh and all that? Seems one swift kick would send your foot flying through a rib cage and out its ass. So I guess a pair of steel-toe boots.
I’ll never understand why mashed potato is considered a signature dish for a certain chicken restaurant in the US, so if you couldn’t have both, but had to choose, which way would you swing? Chicken or mash?
I actually LOVE mashed potatoes. Besides, lots of things taste like chicken anyway. Not like I’d miss it.
What is your most favourite accent in the world *cough* British *cough*?
What’s Gerard Butler’s accent again?
If you could visit any fictional land (created world/situation/etc) from any book of your choosing, which world/situation would choose to play witness to and why?
I’d like to be a patient in the UGH. Hot demon docs taking care of me? Yeah uh, sign me up!
Slippers or socks? No, they’re NOT the same!
Favourite James Bond actor? Why, what’s so special about him, then?
Hands down, Sean Connery. The accent, the sex appeal.
Best (in your opinion) special effects for a werewolf film to date? (to the US folk out there, film = movie. )
Honestly, much as they are a guilty pleasure, I cannot take Twilight films seriously. I think I do more laughing than anything else. And the transformations in True Blood, though sexy when they involve Alcide stripping down, do nothing for me. I gotta go with An American Werewolf In London. That transformation scared the hell out of me when I was younger. Still the best in my opinion:
And last but not least: Head into your mobile (mobile = cell phone *snicker*) scroll through your ‘favourites’ list of numbers, find the number that you dial the most … Who is it? Can I have their number? ‘Cause they must be pretty cool if you ring them all the while, right?
Most dialed number is hubs.
And now here's my 11 questions for the nominees:
- Well, it turns out that your good-for-nothing fairy godmother actually came through with a spell that works. The next book you read will become your reality. That’s right, you’ll be transported from your current existence, straight into the book. The question is, which book do you pick up next?
- Your crazy uncle has finally done it … he’s built a time machine that he’s pretty sure is going to work, though he hasn’t actually tested it yet. On humans, anyway. You’re asked to be his guinea pig. Knowing there’s a good chance you might not come back from this trip, to which period would you like to travel back in time?
- While showing off your old cheerleading moves at an outdoor keg party, you lose your balance doing a herkie and land on a patch of ice, knocking your head pretty hard. Your doc declares you out of sorts and writes you a note to excuse any behaviors deemed ‘temporarily insane’. What’s at the top of your havoc-wreaking agenda for the day?
- What’s your favorite supernatural?
- If you were stranded on an island and had the choice between a hot guy or a REALLY good book with a smokin’ hot alpha, what would you choose?
- First date attire: jeans and t-shirt or a dress?
- It so happens you’ve got some mad guitar skills. You decide to form a band. What’s the name of your band?
- After months of floating alone through space, you land on a planet that makes our tropical paradises here on Earth look like the slums. Even more exciting than that, the only beings on the planet are men. But that’s not even the cake … every one of them are book boyfriends from the many romance novels you’ve read the last few months in your cramped spaceship cabin. Okay, sure, maybe you’ve lost your mind, but that’s irrelevant. The important question here is: who’s gonna be your leading man on this crazy planet?
- If you could be any badass female from any book or movie who would you be and why?
- Describe yourself in three words.
- The supes are at war with each other and as one of few humans remaining you’re forced to take a side. Which supe is more likely to come out on top and why? Demons, werewolves, vampires or witches?
I know this thing has gone around the net quite a bit, so I’ll pick a few of my favorite bloggers and leave the other 5 or so open to anyone who’d like to participate!