Okay, so I kinda freaked out at first when I got the notice from the very lovely J.A.Belfield that I'd been tagged in this little blogging game. I've never done this before! The recipient is supposed to answer the sender's 11 questions, then come up with 11 questions to send to 11 bloggers. They in turn answer the questions and link back to this original post. Turns out, I actually had a lot of fun with the questions.
So here are J's questions to me along with my responses:
You’re stranded on a snowy mountain after the aircraft transporting you to [wherever the heck you like] makes a crash landing. Out of the 6 passengers and 2 pilots, only 2 have survived. You … and some dude who looks shockingly like your number 1 book boyfriend. But … you’ve now been stranded for close to 89 hours, and the closest you’ve seen to a food source is staring right back at you. So … which part of him do you plan to eat first?
Haha! Hmmmmm. Damn. I guess I’d consider a liquid diet and pray it’s enough to keep me going until rescue.
So … you have an evening of glitz and glamour ahead. But being the super secret spy you are, you already foresee the night ending in a run for your life (or to protect your anonymity). Which means the all important decision of footwear becomes a little complicated. Do you go for your favourite pair of freakishly awesome Jimmy Choos and hope you don’t end up on a cobblestone street? Or do you say to heck with it, and wear a skirt long enough to cover your battered Nikes?
Are you kidding?! Nothing is more important than sexy footwear. I’d go for the Choos and endure the healthy burn baby!
If a global law was instated that each and every citizen of every country could only ever eat ONE type of cake for the duration of their lives and they each had to sign a contract binding them to their decision, what cake would you choose as your ‘can’t live without’?
Oh man…if I’m going to eat one kind of cake for life, it better be good…no, no…it should be Better than Sex cake.
If you could choose ANY book (no matter how impossible the graphics required might seem) to be made into a film (movie for the U.S.ers), what book would you choose?
Oy. One book?! So it shouldn’t be a part of a series because YA KNOW I’m gonna be begging for the next one. Most of the stuff I read is part of a series though. So, because I think I’d be satisfied with just the one book, I’d pick Fallen by Erin McCarthy.
Okay, seeing as I brought it up above in the stranded question I have to know: who’s your No 1 (ONLY1!) book boyfriend? The. Ultimate. Fictional Male. Of your dreams!?
No doubt. Hands down. Rydstrom Woede. Smexy rage demon.
And still with the book boyfriend, we’ll presume you didn’t eat all of him before the two of you were rescued, and he’s a forgiving kind of guy. So now he’s agreed to a date that doesn’t have him on the menu (at least not as the starter, anyway, if you get my gist). What’s the date? Where, what, why, how?
Oooh! Well, we’d agree to meet up in North Carolina and spend the whole day swimming and building the most kickass sand castle on the beach. Then we’d have dinner and wine (also on the beach). And cap off the night with yummy Sex on the Beach.
The drink!!! Sheesh!
The government are clamping down on the atrocity otherwise known as social networking. Every social networker is permitted only one platform. So … which one can’t you live without? Choose your poison.
I’d have to say Twitter. It’s my networking crack.
The hot girl always used to pick on you at school. She had all the boys flocking round her. All the cool kids following behind like sniffer dogs after crack (no pun intended … honestly). And some years have passed since you walked out of those school gates for the last time and thanked the heavens you’d never have to deal with her again. But then you walk into your local burger bar … and get served … by Miss Popular. Except she most certainly ain’t looking quite so pretty any more. To add to that, the server next to her is asking how she got on with finding a baby sitter for her rambunctious triplets. Tell me: is she worth your scorn? Or can you not resist the impulse to wallow in your better life?
I’m all set. Hehe
Okay, an easier one for you as I’ve been pretty hard: what is your EARLIEST childhood memory? Is it even from this lifetime?
Jeez! An easy one?! Let’s see….my earliest childhood memory was chasing bees in the back garden of my aunt’s house with my cousin because we thought they carried honey in their bellies.
If you could travel through time, which year would you travel back to and why?
Yikes. Assuming everything else in my life remained the same (hubby, kids), I’d go back to college, when I was hell-bent on getting degrees in science, and slap some sense into myself.
And finally: we’ve suddenly discovered an anonymous donor is willing to pay for us all to get together but we only have 24 hours to
argue and fight discuss rationally the destination. Which city’s corner are you fighting for?
I say we skip the
arguing/discussion, get on a plane and meet up at a resort in Jamaica.
And....here are my 11 questions:
1. Your day has been riddled with one crappy event after the next, starting with the mounds of laundry your lazy-ass stepmom & sisters left for you, and ending with a phone call from prince charming that he’s canceling dinner plans…for the fifth time in a row. It’s enough to make you cry. In the thick of your pity party, a petite woman, looking like she’s had one too many face lifts, appears claiming to be your fairy godmother. Figuring you’ve had a day from hell, she offers to let you have 1 day as the MC in any book of your choice. What character and book would you choose to cast yourself in for a day?
2. You decide to have a little fun and enter yourself in the Paranormal Dating Game show coming to town. Here are the three bachelors you have to choose from:
Bachelor #1 is a brawny guy who loves the outdoors. His favorite pastime is snuggling beside a campfire and running naked through the woods on a full-moon. He’s looking for an adventurous girl who doesn’t mind a bit of shedding from time to time. An incredibly loyal companion who loves a good petting.
Bachelor #2 is a lean and charming guy who lives for the night life. You’ll never have to slave over a hot stove for this one, his diet is simple. He volunteers regularly at the local Red Cross and is looking for a woman who won’t blow a gasket when it comes to sleeping in a casket.
Bachelor #3 is smokin’ hot and will show you one hell of a good time on the town. One night with him and you’ll sell your soul for more! He bakes a sinfully good lasagna and is looking for a sexy little angel who’s not opposed to relocating to a warm climate.
Who’s it gonna be??
3. As an added bonus, the game show offers you an all-expense paid date to anywhere you’d like (I did say all-expense paid…feel free to book a flight). Where will you go with your smexy bachelor and what will you do?
4. You take a once-in-a-lifetime cruise across the globe. And wouldn’t ya know it? The damn boat sinks and you’re left stranded on a deserted island. An enormous travel chest washes up on shore and you recognize it as the one that belonged to the old rich lady with the yapping Pomeranian who boarded in front of you at the port. You open it and gasp. What’s inside?
5. You’re given the opportunity to go back in time and redo any embarrassing moment in your life (without the consequence of affecting major events like marriage and birth). What moment would you go back and change?
6. In an effort to reduce obesity in the country, the government has decided to ban all junk food and candy from being sold in stores except for ONE single item to be voted on. What junk food would you vote to keep?
7. Your spaceship, that’s been wandering black holes for God knows how long, finally lands on a strange planet in the middle of some undiscovered galaxy. It’s a gorgeous landscape that makes Earth’s paradises look like post-apocalyptic disasters. Waterfalls, tropical breezes and sexy alien clones that think you’re their long-awaited gift from the gods. Funny, they all look strangely like a famous actor you’ve seen before…who?
8. If you could sit and collaborate with any famous author from any time period, who would you pick?
9. The world is struck by some unseen force that manages to wipe out the internet for the day. What would you do to keep yourself from going insane?
10. Your slave-driving boss just claimed your last weekend off with a Monday deadline for a major project. Because you’re a writer, you decide to vent the only way you know how…you type up a nasty email to your BFF about all the twenty ways you hope he kicks the bucket over the weekend. But instead of selecting 'Frannie' from your list of contacts, you accidentally select 'Frank'…your boss. Do you fess up right away and chalk it up to a brief moment of insanity? Or do you pack up your desktop pictures and decide not to come in on Monday?
11. If you were paid big money to do nothing but follow your favorite band around on tour, what band would you follow?
Tag! You’re It recipients. If you participate, please make sure you leave a link back to where you answered my questions.